25 January 2011

Glow in the Dark

I still have a project that I need to edit pictures of before I post, hopefully I will get to it tomorrow, but first a comment on glow-in-the-dark.

When I was in high school, I loved all things glow in the dark. I think I even considered it my favorite color at one point (can it be considered a color?). I of course had glow in the dark stars on my ceiling, but also had glow in the dark fingernail polish, glow in the dark crayons, glow in the dark paint, and glow in the dark beads on a necklace, pretty much anything I could find glow in the dark.

When I was in Utah over the holidays, the Joanns near my mother-in-law's house was closing, so had everything left 75% off. I couldn't resist checking it out. I got a few button cards for $0.30-$0.45 each. I would have looked at the fabric, but didn't really have room to bring a lot home. Then I looked at the thread. They had glow in the dark thread for 75%. I couldn't resist! It was a great chance to try it out.

So I have two spools of this:


My four year old has already requested a dinosaur with glow in the dark eyes, and I have another project I am currently working on that I hand stitched some glow in the dark thread on it. I'm thinking some kind of wall hanging to go in my boys' room with some glow in the dark on it would be fun. Now I need more some fun ideas to use this.

What would you make with glow in the dark thread?

Signature copy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment!