02 December 2010

Nativity Finger Puppets


A couple years ago, I saw this little pocket nativity set in the Deseret Book catalog:

Image29

I put it in my ideas notebook to do sometime. The "sometime" has finally come! :)

I drew all my own shapes, but used ideas from all the figures they had in the set.


Along with the Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus, cow and angel, they had in the set, I also wanted to have a wise man,


And a shepherd and sheep.


I made all of the figures out of felt with regular thread or embroidery thread to sew it together and decorate. I especially like the metallic silver thread on the angel's halo.

They are all ready for little fingers to play with and tell the wonderful story that is the reason for the season!






Signature copy

13 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! These are just too adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also your newest follower - you have some GREAT ideas :-) I made a "busy" book too - only yours is much cuter than mine :-)
    Michelle (http://thoughtsofesme.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Thanks for sharing :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so great! I absolutely love the idea. Might have to copy it before my youngest ones get too old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are absolutely beautiful. I know finger puppets are lots of work...but designing and enjoying are so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! And a great way to make the nativity interactive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am adding your post to my "crafts to do one day" folder. You really did an excellent job. Maybe I can get them done for next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute - I am pinning this to my Nativity pinboard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you have patterns we could use to make this,also the stable?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where do I find the pattern for your Nativity finger puppets? I want to make them. They are so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love your pattern for the finger puppets and the stable. Are you sharing them or selling them?
    crazymom4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I don't have a pattern to share for these. Since I followed a commercial product so closely, I didn't think I should. But you are welcome to look at my pictures and try to recreate them yourself!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment!