27 January 2011

Felt Food #1

I have been wanting to make some felt food for forever! I have been drooling over all the delicious looking food all over blog land, and flickr groups. I finally got a bunch done to give to my now two year old for his birthday. As he opened his present he pretended to eat each piece-- so cute!

Some of the food I made up, some I followed patterns, or just ideas from other people. I will try to give credit where it is needed.

First up, we have a banana.


Open the peel,


And take the banana out!


I used the pattern for the banana from Helping Little Hands.

If you need some breakfast, how about a pancake, with a pat of butter, and drizzled with syrup.


Add a slice of bacon,


And a fried egg,


Yummy breakfast!


I just free handed these shapes.

Next, a little green bean.


My 4 year old actually suggested that we needed a green bean. Not sure why, he won't eat them for real! I just cut out a little strip of green and sewed and stuffed it for the bean. I have another one cut out I need to finish because one little bean looks a little lonely. :)

Need some more veggies?
How about some broccoli, (idea, though not pattern from Made)


And some carrots? (pattern from I Make Stuff)


My boys love to eat grapes. 


The idea for the grapes came from Made, although she made hers so they could come apart in little bunches. I went for a simpler method.

How about a delicious chocolate chip cookie for desert?


Come back tomorrow for more!





Signature copy

1 comment:

  1. That Banana is so cute. Ive been needing to make some more food for my guys thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment!