24 June 2011

T-Shirt Fun

I found some t-shirts at the dollar store the other day, so we had some fun with them this week.

My 5 year old picked out a white one. He wanted a pterodactyl on it, since the last dinosaur shirt I made for him is too small now. My 2 year old wanted a smaller pterodactyl, so I just put a little one on a shirt he already had. I traced the image on this page of a pterodactyl onto freezer paper and painted it on. I think it was easier to paint it, than it was to get a decent picture of my active boys.






I also bought a couple shirts to refashion for myself. I took an 2X gray t-shirt and turned it into a super comfy summery skirt. I was inspired by this tutorial, although I didn't really follow it. I wanted it a little longer (the tutorial says to cut off under the armpits of the shirt, I went all the way to the front scooped neckline), so I had to sew up the sides a little, too. I also didn't do the shirring on top, I just folded it over and put in an elastic. It was quite easy and quick, and a great skirt to wear in this hot weather! I have a black one to make, too.


Group shot!



Signature copy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment!