16 June 2011

Homemade Pinwheels


Our air conditioner went out this past weekend, and it was super hot around here. We constantly had fans on trying to keep cool. So when I saw this tutorial to make a homemade pinwheel, I thought it would be a fun activity to play with in front of our fans.

The tutorial showed them made with a push pin, but I couldn't get them to spin around. So I made the holes with the push pin to begin with (to make the hole a bit bigger), then put a regular straight pin through, and then all the way through the eraser of a pencil.


I only made them with one sheet of scrapbook paper, rather than gluing two together. I kind of like the white on the other side, though. The bigger one I made with a 7 inch square. The smaller one is only 6 inches.


We had a lot of fun with them, though. We even rigged up a little tower out of Trio blocks to hold them in front of the fan.




Signature copy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment!