17 May 2011

Reading Nook

We have a fun little dormer window in the playroom of our new house that I have been wanting to turn into a little reading nook.

My 5 year old also likes to have a private little spot for his "fort."  So, I took an old shower curtain rod, some curtain clips that I am not currently using, and part of a sheet, and made him a little corner with some privacy.


Behind the curtain, I made a book sling to keep a few books.


I love how the book sling turned out. I used some left over sheet from the bed skirt that I made, and put some blue accents on the end out of another sheet I had.


It really holds quite a few books.


I found the tutorial for the books sling here from Penny Carnival. It is really quite simple, you just need a double curtain rod a some fabric.


Next on my list is a Rollie Pollie to sit on!



Signature copy

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea, Richelle! It is great and really cost effective. I was a teacher before kids, and this would be a great project for a classroom or a kid's room! I was thinking I could even use grown up looking fabrics and make a small one for books in an office or next to a nightstand. I shared your post on my Friday Favorites today. Thank you for sharing the great idea! Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment!