07 March 2011

Jungle Birthday Party

For my son's 5th birthday, he wanted a tiger cake. So we went with a jungle theme for his birthday party.

I made his tiger cake. I am no cake decorating expert, but I thought it turned out pretty good.


It was even striped on the inside with 2 layers of yellow cake and 2 layers of chocolate cake.


We hung streamers for jungle vines.




It was my son's idea to make the big jungle trees. He helped me color them and made all the leaves all over the wall, too. The animal stickers are removable stickers from the dollar store.


As an activity for all the kids, I had prepped some paper plates with eyes cut out and had them make their own jungle animal mask. I thought they did such a good job, I had to share some of them. We had a house full of kids and they all had a lot of fun with this activity. Most of them made their mask by themselves.



We also played pin the tail on the tiger. I used the image here. I enlarged it as big as I could on my computer screen and then traced it. My son helped color the tiger and colored all the tails different colors.

(My husband was the silly one that put the tail on the tiger's nose. :) )

It was a fun jungle party for a happy five year old!









Signature copy

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I love how you used the streamers! ha ha.. too cute!
    I'd love to have you link up some of your kiddy posts to my For the Kids Fridays Link Party. Stop on by!!

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great party idea. And I love your cake and the layers inside. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment!